This webinar considers the best technical, strategic and regulatory approaches involved in designing and launching 5G satellite services.
Recently, there has been a raft of industry developments combing satellite and traditional mobile communications, including the iPhone 14 launch and the T-Mobile Starlink announcement. It’s clear that constellations of 5G satellites are set to play a vital role in completing the technology and connectivity ecosystem addressing critical connectivity challenges, such as data speed and coverage limitations as well as fulfilling the needs of a wide range of emerging use cases.
This live recorded webinar, with AccelerComm’s CTO Rob Maunder and leading industry analyst and expert Tim Farrar, President of TMF Associates, provides a deep dive into the market and considers the best technical, strategic and regulatory approaches involved in designing and launching 5G satellite services. It provides a comprehensive overview of the key issues surrounding this market, it:
- Details the market landscape for satellite 5G including: 5G standards and Non-Terrestrial Networks (NTN) and the state of the current LEO broadband market, including key technology issues in current systems.
- Provides an overview of direct-to-handset: re-use of satellite frequencies vs ad hoc terrestrial spectrum use (AST), pros and cons of each approach.
- Outlines the market motivations and use cases for full 5G and the technical and regulatory challenges and current geopolitical considerations.
- Explains lessons that can be learned from prior attempts at offering cellular service from space including funding needs, and performance shortfalls.
The webinar also provides a detailed technical overview of the 5G radio challenges and techniques that can be used to improve ‘receive sensitivity’ and AccelerComm’s Layer 1 solutions for Space applications.
If you would like to download the webinar materials, click the button below.
To find out more about AccelerComm
- Download our company presentation
- Read more about market benefits and use cases
- Get in touch to speak to our experts directly
Back to News & Media